These rugged motor trikes see widespread use throughout the Wastelands due to their simplicity, long range and low fuel consumption. They are easily adapted for combat, which makes them popular with insurgents and raiders as well as Alliance clans. Most carry heavy infantry weapons, giving their users the option of trading stealth for high mobility. These vehicles lack the armour needed for extended firefights, but are useful for reconnaissance, skirmishing and light support.
- The simple two cylinder engine is easily accessible and can run on a variety of cheaply distilled biofuels. An excellent power-to-weight ratio allows fast acceleration and good cross country performance, while two powered rear wheels aid traction and stability.
- Two armoured fuel tanks (one front, one rear) extend range at a much lower running cost than heavier wheeled vehicles.
- The Troika’s small size makes it easy to hide, manhandle over obstacles, or recover if disabled.
- A high-backed seat doubles as a weapon mount and can be fitted with a harness to improve driver safety.
- The flatbed either carries cargo or serves as a platform for a forward- or rear-firing weapon. Here the gunner stands or kneels, though variants have a second seat and/or revolving turret ring.
- Standard armament consists of a .50 hopper-fed machine gun. Other popular weapons include high-powered anti-materiel rifles, rocket and grenade launchers. Troikas are also occasionally used to tow light artillery.
- Some Troika crews wear body armour, but most rely primarily on speed to evade or outflank opposition.