The Pitbull is a heavy quad armed with a revolving turret. The first Clan Zahl examples immediately proved their worth against the lighter technicals most of their opponents used. Some of their success can be attributed to better tactics, but this has not stopped other clans from fielding equivalents.
- The original Pitbull used a 7L turbodiesel which was more efficient than most engines of its size and could run on cruder kinds of fuel. Clan Zahl has greatly benefited from Consortium technology; the engines used by other clans are usually inferior.
- Four drive wheels, Kevlar-belted tyres, and a strong coil-spring suspension provide excellent offroad mobility. Pitbulls have often been able to catch lighter, faster vehicles facing them in bad terrain.
- The standard Pitbull can be fitted with many different kinds of armour. Damaged plates can be replaced with improvised ones if need be. This example carries extra shielding over the windows, grille and gun turret.
- The Pitbull’s central turret offers more protection than a tray or flatbed; communication between gunners and cabin crew is easier; and crew can change positions without leaving the vehicle. These traits proved decisive during clashes with older technicals, whose gunners were much more exposed and harder to replace under fire.
- Most Pitbulls were originally armed with a 20mm cannon and 7.62mm machine gun, though many variants exist. Different weapon combinations have less effect on handling due to the turret’s central placement.
The Pitbull’s small rear tray lets it double as a light transport, but in combat it is usually emptied to provide room for loot or casualties. Some Pitbulls carry extra gunners; they can easily dismount and scout short distances ahead, or perform minor duties under cover of the Pitbull’s guns.
Ravaged might be worth a try if you're after vehicles. It's gotten mixed reviews but I hear that part really shines.
I have Ravaged on my Steam wishlist and have been going to get it for some time but unfortunately money is tight at the moment having gone through such a bad winter but it won't be long before the heating bill will be caught up and I'll have a few extra bucks to waste. I'll let ya know what I think. I never listen to reviews for the most part. I prefer to make up my own mind.
Also, where do they get the fuel?
Many different fuels are used. Petrol still exists, but is rare and only refined in a few locations. Diesel engines are more common; these use cruder shale oil or various organic fuels. Some Veyon machines run on hydrogen. More primitive communities use steam, wind or muscle power - I've drawn some concept sketches but haven't photoshopped them yet.
I spent a lot of last year on vehicle concepts, but your comment's reminded me there's lots of work to do on the world!
This looks awesome! like, legit! those guns, the overall appearance is just awesome.
It kinda looks like a humvee, just a little bit, and the armor looks like Blast armor. All in all, this is one badass machine! legit, I love it.
This machine looks like it can kick some major ass, I love it.
Nice work Flax Cannon ^^ this is one awesome machine